Making noise, not getting anywhere.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mice that think, humans that love cheese, ah, the possibilities

A while ago, at an SfN meeting, I attended a ethics panel, where one of the questions discussed was the growing of human neurons in animal brain. Other than being vaguely creeped out by the concept in spite of my better knowledge, I only remember one of the researchers talking about how very, very much they discuss this in the ethics panel at Stanford. I guess he sorta knew that people would be vaguely creeped out.

Now the Frankenmice have made Yahoo News, and no doubt the religious nuts are already collecting their wits for an assault against the perversity of science! So let me be quick to point out that this mousebrained thing is a great idea, for it brings us one step closer to creating Franky and Benjy, the two mouse overlords from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Read more at news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home