Making noise, not getting anywhere.

Friday, July 08, 2005

the flag

stewart & tripod

Stewart was setting up for shooting the American flag outside the door when I left the Flickr Meetup at San Francisco's Crossroads Cafe last night, saying "I need to get a shot of this" and looking up at an American flag. He then said in what sounded like a mixture of fascination and amused disgust, "Gotham City". A weird moment for me, because I suddenly remembered how the upiquity of Old Glory in cyclopean sizes had struck me similarly on my first visits to the US, and now I hardly notice it any more.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Race Bannon said...

Yes, its a good thing. Yeeessssss, (rubbing hands together) our assimilation plan is almost complete soon you'll find yourself eyeballing gunshops and chewing "tabackee"

Bwaahahahahahaha resistance is futile.

8:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home